It had an unskippable intro video that played every time the app launched, the text was too small, and it was generally difficult to use and read for most of their older clients. At the time, the app was generating really negative feedback on the store, and Daily Hope wanted to release an update that fixed those problems.
With apps, time is always playing against you, and that was the case for Daily Hope. We had three months to get the app under control and usable, and to try and generate some better feedback to combat the copycat apps on the store
Throughout the troubleshooting, we kept in contact with the client; they got daily updates on what was being done, how, and what we were planning on implementing on the technological side to improve their app from the ground up, and what new features we could come up with to really bring the app together.
We added an RSS-style feed that linked back to their wordpress site and updated the app with new content, and we worked on a donation button to take advantage of Giving Tuesday, a big donation event they hosted yearly. We also made it a lot easier to access by adding a landscape mode for tablet users to make it even easier to read and navigate the app.
100% would work on this app again; it taught us some really interesting ways to work with custom RSS feeds and to work within really small time-frames. Our focus was getting the app out quickly enough that Daily Hope could change the impression it had on the app store, which we managed to do within three and a half months.
Pushing out a basic model first and then adding more intricate features at a later date was key to solving big problems in such a short time-frame and making sure that the client could see some progress fast.
At the time we took over, Daily Hope average 3.2*/5, based on a total of 11 ratings, and it now stands at 4.6*/5* based on a total of 96.